Finding the ramp that best fits your needs is one part of improving access for your home or business. The next step is making sure you’ve correctly determined your ramp’s incline. Use the EZ-ACCESS Incline Calculator to make sure you’ve selected a ramp that will fit the incline requirements at the ramp’s location.
To Establish the Proper Ramp Length:
- Determine the incline that your chair is designed to climb. We start you off with the ADA Standard Ratio of 1:12, but we recommend you confirm with your local/city code.
- Measure the distance from the top step/landing to the ground (RISE).
- Enter the values in the form to determine your run and ramp length
- CAUTION! At any incline, use ramp only with a qualified helper.
- CAUTION! Refer to your equipment’s (wheelchair or scooter) User Guide for exact recommendations concerning acceptable usage and allowable slope.
- Notice: If Rise is greater than 30” a platform is required.