Less than a year ago, we added the CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener as well as a few other innovative solutions to our accessibility product family. The response we’ve received has been overwhelmingly positive with customers enjoying the lightweight design, low cost, customization and extremely easy installation. If you are considering purchasing the CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener here is what you need to know:
Before starting installation, be sure to check the door that you are installing your power door opener to for proper clearance and function. Some areas to check include:
- Door should be in good condition which plumb, square and not warped.
- Door should NOT stick to the door jamb.
- Door should have standard butt hinges. Doors with springs or flimsy hinges will NOT operate correctly.
- At least three inches of clearance is needed above the top of the door.
- At least three and a half inches of clearance is needed past the door hinge to allow space for the door to open to 90 degrees with motor attached to top of door.
- Door should be within nine feet of a power outlet if using the factory power cord or within 12 feet of the door if using the optional electric strike low voltage wire
With the EZ-ACCESS CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener, you will receive the following:
- 1 motor unit
- 1 doughnut magnet
- 6 wood screws
- 4 binding bolts
- 1 blank latch plate
- 1 door stop (If you have a heavy door, you may want to consider purchasing a heavy duty door stop.)
You will also have the option to purchase these items:
- An electric strike and face plate
- Wall mounted push pad
- Wireless keyless entry system
- Garage door-style transmitter
- Pendant-style transmitter
Power Door Installation
To install the EZ-ACCESS CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener, you’ll be installing each component in this order:
- Install Door Stop
- Mount Motor Unit and Lever Arm
- Optional – Install Electric Strike
- Program Receiver
- Adjust Settings
Since the power door opener installation instructions differ slightly depending on the model of CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener you are purchasing, go to the Documents tab to look at the necessary documents to handle the installation. If you have questions, please contact EZ-ACCESS.