May is National Cancer Research Month, and the team at EZ-ACCESS is doing what we can to help fight this life-threatening condition. One of the ways we’re accomplishing this is by participating in our local Relay for Life event, which takes place on Saturday, May 13th from noon to midnight at our local high school football field.
However, this single event hasn’t been our only focus! Throughout the year, we have been holding fundraisers to reach our donation goal. All the proceeds go to the American Cancer Society to help finance research for new, more effective treatments that may lead to finding a cure one day.
This isn’t the first year EZ-ACCESS has taken part in Relay for Life. Many of us have been affected by cancer in one way or another, so our involvement is deeply personal. Each year we set a goal of how much money we can raise for the cause, and this year we raised the bar higher than ever.
To reach our goal, we’ve had to be creative in our fundraising. Here are just a few examples of what we’ve done throughout the year:
- Spring Has Sprung Gift Basket Raffle: We collected donations and put together gift baskets to raffle off to our employees. Some of these included a BBQ basket, a camping basket, a tool basket, a couple of kids’ toy baskets, and a Seahawks basket.
- Car Wash: During the warmer months we have volunteers available to wash employees’ cars for a small donation.
- Bake Sale: Who doesn’t love sweets? We have some talented folks that bake delicious treats and we package them up for sale in the lunchroom.
- Wiener Wednesday: A favorite lunch fundraiser at EZ-ACCESS where volunteers barbeque hot dogs and serve them up with chips and a drink.
- Taco Tuesday: Same as Wiener Wednesday, but with Tacos!
- Chocolate Party: Because everyone needs more chocolate in their lives! Similar to our bake sale, all things chocolate are packaged up and sold for a small donation.
- Flower Raffle: Around Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day we raffle off beautiful flower arrangements made by one of our employees.
We encourage you to find a cause you are passionate about and see how you can make a difference for those living with a disease, disability, or ailment.