Any public property requires tailored accessibility solutions for individuals with limited mobility as set by the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).
This is why many architects and building designers take accessibility into consideration at the very beginning of a public building project to start things off right. But are you asking yourself all the right wheelchair accessibility questions to get the best possible outcome? Do you have the right expectations for code requirements or installation time? The experts on the EZ-ACCESS Commercial Team have you covered when it comes to adding accessibility to your structure.
We’ve worked countless hours with contractors all across the nation to configure the best access solutions for each unique location. Here are a few things we’ve learned along the way:
Cover the Basics
Every project has to start somewhere. When you have a general idea of what your building project will look like, ask yourself these questions before adding a wheelchair ramp:
- Where will the ramp be located in proximity to the building?
- What is the height of the total rise?
- Do you have a preferred ramp configuration relative to the space it will be placed? If so, what does that look like?
- Do you have photos or a sketch of this?
- Are there any special requirements such as stateâ€specific codes that need to be met?
- What is the door swing? As you face outside, does the door open in or out, left or right?
- Are there any obstacles that need to be cleared/avoided?
Let Us Know What You Need
When you have all of the information to the questions above, we provide every customer with technical specifications, a quote, and a configuration.
If you need anything else to make a bid on a building project, just let our customer service team know, and we will be happy to provide additional documents.
Some examples of additional documents that contractors request from the EZ-ACCESS Commercial Team are:
- Shop drawings
- Site-specific drawings
- Seismic calculations
With its modular design, and universal hardware and components, the TITAN™ ramp system is easy to assemble. Minimal tools are required and we offer plenty of support via detailed instruction manuals that are shipped with the product and available on our site. We also have a team of commercial experts and project coordinators that are ready to answer any questions you may have during set up as well as a technical support team available for any further assistance (1â€800â€258â€8503 or email@example.com).
This is the timeline we see most projects fall under:
- Provide us with all design requirements for the project.
- Receive a quote within one business day if stock items are requested (timeline varies depending on depth and amount of custom materials.)
- Standard product ships between 24 to 48 hours after purchase.
- A standard 30’ commercial ramp system can be installed by two people in approximately three hours. With more experienced installers, it can be installed even quicker!
To make things easier for you, we’ve even added a drawings tab on the TITAN product pages of our website where you can download our drawings for your initial design. These ramp drawings provide specifications as well as the codes met by the ramp and can be very useful in initial conversations about a project before an order or a job-specific layout is created.